first stop, Iceland

Today was an unusual back to school for me.

I did go to school today.

I was delighted to see last year's kids - lots of hugs all round.  

We caught up on lost teeth, new clothes and summer fun.

And I introduced them to the teacher who will be taking my place while I am on leave until January 2014.

During the past couple of weeks, I helped get the classroom ready, and I have been thinking a lot about the building of a classroom.

I also pulled out my backpack from the back of a storage cupboard to get it ready for a 3 month adventure. 



We have Lonely Planet guides on the coffee table and on our (new - bought for the adventure) ipad mini.  

Destinations have been chosen, flights are booked (have been for months) and hostels are booked.  Now we have a huge to do list and I have a small pile of clothes that needs to get smaller. 

I have heard that I will have a stow-away in my pack.  Pete the Cat is plotting how he can come along and join our adventure. 

Six more sleeps, and then it is first stop, Iceland. 





Image Map

5 comments

  1. So jealous! Glad you are taking Pete and all of us along?!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you'd pop in yesterday. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for our--I mean your-- trip! Tell us everything!!

    Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome Sandi ! Have a great time !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting adventure. I can't wait to hear about it:)
    Lyn
    Mrs. Goff's Pre-K Tales

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top