spring blossom transient art

Nothing says "Spring" quite like the first blossoms on the trees.

Whether you have Spring outside or not, you can make beautiful and ever-changing blossoms inside.



I painted some branches.  Photocopy paper and tempera paint.



I figured that they would look much more artistic if I put them in empty frames.  (Also used to frame loose parts art.)


The "blossoms" are all dollar store buys - buttons, beads, heart table scatter, pom poms ...


Put all together, they are ready for Spring blossom artists.


I love seeing how the kids choose to create.


Some follow the lines of the branches.


Some use all one "type" of blossom.  Or two.


One little fellow had a story about each blossom he put on a branch.  Some blossoms were girls, some were boys, and they were all going somewhere together.  It seemed quite complicated!!


All unique and all beautiful.







Contact Me BlogLovin RSS facebook Pinterest Twitter

8 comments

  1. This is such a cute idea! Definitely doing this with my toddler :-) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so easy to set up! Hope you and your toddler have some creative fun.

      Delete
  2. I love these button blossom trees, they are so cute :-) thanks for linking #weloveweekends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed at some the blossom branches my kindergarten kids created.

      Delete
  3. That's so pretty Sandi! I've never seen that done with buttons. I'm pinning that and I think I'll do it Friday! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for pinning. And happy soon-to-be Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up on We Love Weekends last week - your post is featured on this week's We Love Weekends via Witty Hoots. Hope to see you linking up again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top